Friday, May 1, 2009

Otha Fish

Pedro: "It is like what we say in Spain. There are plenty of other fish on the sea."
Me: "You mean in the sea..."
Pedro: "Ah yes, not on the sea. In the sea"

The main people I speak english to are French and Spanish. I get self-conscious about sounding like a yankee or having a boring Californian accent. A bizarre thing is happening - I'm sort of developing a French accent from talking to Will so much. It takes a lot of effort to speak normally around him. It might be just because I think his accent is cool and I like to joke around by imitating him, but sometimes it happens without even me thinking about it.

Anyways, last night the four of us, Pedro, Will, Raquel, and I went clubbing at a place outside of Tokyo. Surprisngly they party really hard in Japan, we had a great time. We missed our 4:30AM bus, so we took the train back home into Tokyo in the morning. It took forever, but sweet, older Raquel from Spain let me sleep on her shoulder during the train ride home. >.<

2 comments:

misclet said...

haha your house kind of reminds me of how a "real world" house would be.

Anonymous said...

developing a french accent could be the best thing for any american

p.s its ate sheila